Wooof! Do you have pumpkin leftovers from Halloween? Then this salmon & pumpkin recipe is the perfect way to upcycle this delicious superfood!
These cute pumpkin treats with salmon are very easy to prepare - with only 4 ingredients - and you can freeze the dough or the cookies to save them for later. On top of that, these cookies work magic for your dog’s eyes and skin, thanks to the carotene from the pumpkin and the omega 3 from the salmon.
What you'll need:
- 1 large tin of water-packed salmon, undrained (can substitute for tuna if you wish)
- Approx. 200 grams of cooked pumpkin
- 30 grams flour
- Peas for decoration
- Firstly cut your pumpkin into 3cm wedges, and roast for 40 minutes, skin side down at 200° (fan oven).
- Once finished set the oven to 180°.
- Grind the lineseed until you have a powder.
- Mix your pumpkin and salmon together until very well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, gradually add the flour to your wet pumpkin/salmon mixture until the dough has a nice workable consistency. Then, add the lineseed.
- Roll, cut, place on a prepared baking tray, and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes (less for small treats).
Tag @edgardcooper to show us your leftover pumpkin treats. Enjoy!